Thursday, October 29, 2009

Correlated talks

Yesterday, my colleague Ben Powell gave a talk in the same session as me at the conference. Ben talked about the really nice work he did with Anthony Jacko and John Fjaerestad on the Kadowaki-Woods ratio for strongly correlated electron metals (see here).

A quantity of relevance to their work is the frequency dependence of the self energy, and how it decreases with increasing frequency. It was only listening to Ben's talk, that I realised I showed this quantity in my talk!


For a momentum independent self energy one can calculate the frequency-dependent conductivity, neglecting vertex corrections. Then the left (right) panel gives the frequency dependent scattering rate (effective mass), which is the imaginary (real) part of the self energy.
The top panels are a theoretical calculation and the bottom panels experimental results.

No comments:

Post a Comment